Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins for Halloween
27 October, 2021
Did someone say cinnamon sugar? Yes, please! These nourishing muffins have a decadent crunchy topping that will make your whole house smell divine. Pumpkin is such a versatile vegetable and works beautifully in this sweet muffin. They make the perfect treat this Halloween!
For the dry ingredients
- 1 ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour, can replace with gluten-free self raising
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the wet ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin mash
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
For the topping
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with 12 paper muffin cups. Grease lightly with coconut oil.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and whisk until incorporated.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Stir to combine.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut sugar and extra cinnamon together. Use a spoon to sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top of the muffin batter.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Alternatively, wrap each muffin individually and freeze the